Volunteer with FWC
Volunteering is the Greatest Form of Generosity! Thank you for caring about Florida’s Fish and Wildlife and continuing our Outdoor Heritage.
With increasing pressures on Florida’s fish, wildlife and habitats, the FWC cannot accomplish its mission without the assistance of volunteers. The FWC benefits from the skills, experiences and dedication of volunteers, and, in turn, strives to offer its volunteers a fulfilling, meaningful and satisfying volunteer experience.
As an FWC volunteer, you can make a positive impact by assisting with activities such as facilities/grounds maintenance, wildlife research, biological sampling and monitoring, habitat restoration, laboratory work and education and outreach programs or events. A volunteer for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission becomes part of the FWC team; volunteers are an invaluable resource to FWC! Our volunteers contribute more than 108,000 hours a year to FWC at a value of approximately $2.25 million.
As a volunteer for FWC, you can:
- Have a positive impact on Florida’s fish and wildlife species, habitats and ecosystems Interact with FWC staff to acquire new skills and gain new experiences
- Learn about Florida’s fish, wildlife and ecosystems and use this knowledge to educate others
- Teach youth hunting, fishing, and wildlife viewing ethics and skills
- Assist with important scientific research, including sampling and species monitoring
- Be a part of the FWC community As a volunteer, you will be provided with ongoing training and education to enable you to efficiently and effectively do your job. You may be assigned a volunteer T-shirt, hat and nametag, as well as other materials or equipment needed to do your assigned job.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
FWC is divided into five administrative regions. Each region has opportunities with descriptions and contact information on the website. If you are interested in volunteering and do not find something suitable on the web page, there is an online form that allows you to describe your area of interest and your FWC Regional Volunteer Coordinator will connect you with a volunteer opportunity.
3911 Highway 2321
Panama City, FL 32409-1658
North Central Region
3377 E. U.S. Hwy 90
Lake City, FL 32055
1239 SW 10th St
Ocala, FL 34471
3900 Drane Field Roa
Lakeland, FL 33811-1207
8535 Northlake Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33412