Bookkeeper & Grant Program Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
SUPERVISOR: Chief Operating Officer
LOCATION: Tallahassee, Florida
The Bookkeeper/Grant Program Assistant supports the Chief Operating Officer in managing the finance and accounting affairs of the Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida. S/he assumes principal responsibility for creating and managing the Foundation’s financial transactions and related recordkeeping, generating reports as requested via the Foundation’s financial software and other sources. S/he also supports the Grant Programs Administrator in administering grants and contracts from solicitation of proposals to project closure. S/he will assist in the administration of the Foundation’s Tallahassee office, including occasionally fielding inquiries from the public. S/he is supervised by the Chief Operating Officer and supervises interns and volunteers as needed.
- Record cash receipts and assist in the preparation of bank deposits.
- Issue payments to vendors and recipients of Foundation grants.
- Enter information into the Foundation financial database and generate reports.
- Oversee collection and reconciliation of travel and other receipts from Foundation staff.
- Help prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for the Foundation staff and Board of Directors.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in the preparation of the annual budget and collecting financial information for the Foundation’s annual audit, inquiries from the Foundation Board of Directors, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, donors and other parties.
- Assist in the management of the Foundation’s Tallahassee office, serving as the primary point of contact for public inquiries, preparing correspondence, ordering supplies, and overseeing other daily office responsibilities.
- Input, locate, and organize data from the Foundation’s grant management system.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer with other accounting, special projects, and administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist the Foundation’s Grant Programs Administrator with invoices, reimbursements, report processing, copying, filing, and other tasks as needed.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field and three years experience or an associate’s degree and four years experience.
- Demonstrated financial analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Pro is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends from time to time, when requested.
To apply, email or mail a cover letter and resume by October 22, 2021 to:
Chief Operating Officer
Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida
P.O. Box 11010
Tallahassee FL 32302
No calls please.
The Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer.